>To hold – Tenir

Yesterday, I had no idea what I was going to create for today’s post. I only knew I wanted to do mixed media. So I picked up a 5″ x 7″ canvas board and started playing around. Pages from a city map book, a dictionary (the word “tenir” is circled but partially hidden by the lace) and an old book were used. Also, clear gesso, acrylic paint, stencils, homemade glimmer mist, watercolour and twine. And now that I’m looking at it, it’s a good thing those blue splashes at the top weren’t done with white paint, considering the pigeons in the image…
Hier, je n’avais aucune idée de ce que j’allais créer pour mon article d’aujourd’hui. Je savais seulement que je voulais faire du multimédia. Alors j’ai choisi une planche canvas de 12,75cm x 17,75cm et j’ai commencé à m’amuser. Des pages d’un livre de cartes routières urbaines, d’un dictionnaire (le mot “tenir” est encerclé mais partiellement caché par la dentelle) et d’un vieux livre ont été utilisées. Aussi’ du gesso transparent, de la peinture acrylique, des pochoirs, du glimmer mist fait maison, de l’aquarelle et de la ficelle. Et maintenant que je regarde vraiment, c’est une bonne chose que les éclaboussures bleues dans le haut n’ont pas été faites en blanc, considérant les pigeons dans l’image…

Advertisements

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Creative Carmelina
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 11:02:06

>MIXED MEDIA MAGIC, that's what this is! I love it….your colours, your delicious layering…sometimes I don't know what to post..and then I just walk into my studio and pull out my supplies and begin….great work…and I'm glad you shared and posted!ciao bellaCREATIVE CARMELINA

2. Fanie || TheCraftyLife.com
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 11:14:01

>Not bad for something you didn't know you would make! ^-^I really enjoy how you played with lace and the different mediums. I find your technique to be very inspiring, Miss Sophie. 🙂

3. Janet
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 12:23:03

>That last sentence gave me a good laugh! Sometimes the best art is something that isn't planned out in advance….it just happens serendipitously. I like the twine wrapped around the piece and that bit of green lace.

4. CeeCee
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 14:06:14

>Oooh, I recognize an element that I passed on to you and you put it to good use! I love the way you used it as a stencil. As usual, fantastic layering and good mix of colors!

5. Michelle L.
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 16:06:41

>Ha! I love how the splashes look like handprints. NOT bird poop!

6. Melissa
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 18:19:02

>I agree the splashes look like hand prints – I am not sure I would have thought of 'bird splashes.' 🙂

7. ArtfulLee Designed
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 18:39:57

>What a great result from starting from nowhere. Love the colours and yes I am glad the splashes are blue and not bird poo white LOL :)Lee

8. artproject2010
    Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:43:03

>Ooh. I really love this one, Sophie.