I don’t know about you, friends, but lately, the Universe has been sending me lots of messages and I’m not sure what to do with it all. I was involved in a car accident over the weekend. Thankfully I’m not hurt but my car is out of commission for a few weeks. I’ve had a few bumps in the past but never anything like this. Hopefully, my insurance will cover everything since I was not at fault (the driver in front me backed into my car when he tried to change lanes because the road was blocked at the light where we were stopped) but it’s still a bit stressful. Anyway, as I said, I wasn’t hurt which is the important thing. Things can always get fixed or replaced.
So, with that out of the way, let’s get to business! Above you can see my creations for week 8, which ran from February 19th to the 25th.
- For this card, I used a background I had previously done with watercolour. I used a silhouette stamp, stamping it a couple of times to fill the bottom and a simple “Thanks” stamp in the right corner.
- I used patterned papers that could work for either boy or girl for these “Thank you” and “Baby” cards. With this set, I decided to make more cards in french with the idea of selling them at the school where I work (a french speaking elementary school) to help raise money for a charity.
- I love this feather stamp and wanted to try an ombré stamping technique. It more or less worked, in my opinion. I liked the result enough to make a couple of bookmarks (which where quickly given away to friends!)
- Remember the wrapping papers from week 7? Well, I needed gift tags to add to the packages! I made two but since it was so small and so quick to create, I only count it as one item.
- Finally, a couple of sympathy cards. Another Pinterest inspiration. I love the text for the inside. It reads: “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven, where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. -Eskimo legend.
That’s it for week 8. See you soon with week 9!