The ICAD challenge is now officially over. I took one day “off” of my daily art habit and re-started my 365 Somethings. You won’t get to see what I did yesterday because I’m still playing catch-up here to post for that challenge. Today, you get to see my creations for week 6 which was from February 5th to the 11th.
- Last year, I saved two boxes of Write-on slides at work from ending up in the trash. Since no one uses projectors anymore in schools, they didn’t need these. I stamped on one and coloured with alcohol inks and a blender marker. I also used a permanent marker on the border to make it black. I might still turn this into a pendant. I have lots more slides to use so if anyone’s interested in receiving a few to use in your own art, please, feel free to contact me.
- A simple “Thank you” card using three stamps and punched out butterflies. I saw a similar idea on Pinterest and loved the idea.
- Abstract art with many stamps in my art journal inspired by the talented Andrea Clement. I love her work. Amongst other things, she carves her own stamps (I discovered her art during Carve December.)
- A colourful card using one stamp. I had this idea in mind for some time and I really like the way it turned out. I might do some variations on this card in the future.
- Using the other stamps from the same set as the orange, I made four smaller cards. I used water-based markers to add two colours on the stamps and print them. I also used an embossing folder to add texture to the white background. I just love this little set.
- Finally, a birthday card for a very special little girl, my niece Clara who turned 1.
I don’t know if it was because Valentine’s day was so close or just the need for bright happy colours but that week, I had used a lot of pink and red. And I love every single thing I created, which is not always the case.
Do you have a favourite from my Week 6? If so, let me know in the comments! And, as I stated above, if anyone’s interested in using some write-on slides in their art, contact me and I’ll be happy to send you a few.
Until next time!