art, project

New Zentangle Coasters

Over the past few months, I’ve noticed that my Zentangle Coasters have been some of my most popular blog posts and have been pinned often on Pinterest. So when I decided to do a daily project for January and I found a pile of 31 (no more, no less) blank coasters, I decided to continue my collection. I still have all the ones done in 2011 and my plan is to put them on my living room table which I will then cover with a piece of glass. In the meantime, here are the first ten coasters:

Zentangle coasters 1-10 2016.JPG

Last week, I also made myself a new mousepad from craft foam and a piece of stiff fabric (I think it used to be self-adhesive and was sold for scrapbooking.) Isn’t it cute?

Mousepad.JPG

So far, this month, I’ve done my daily coasters and some daily lettering as well, which I’ll show you later this week, I hope. But I haven’t done much art journaling. My job requires a lot of energy and at the end of the day, there’s not much left for anything else. Still, I think I’m doing quite well, all things considered…

Art on!

Advertisements
Standard
fabric, project, projet, tissu

Handmade mouse pad – Tapis de souris fait à la main

Ever since I got my laptop, last year, I’ve been using my optic mouse without a mouse pad. At first, it didn’t really bother me but after a while, I found that I needed something to make the mouse work better. Instead of going out to the store and buying a boring mouse pad, I decided to make my own. A very simple tutorial was waiting in my bookmarks and I already had all the supplies. In fact, I have a cardboard box full of fabric samplers that were given to me earlier this year. And my craft foam is self-adhesive so it was really simple to glue the two pieces together. I don’t have spray adhesive as suggested in the tutorial but I do have Mod Podge which worked perfectly well. Next time though, I will try to match the foam colour with the fabric or I will cover the sides with fabric as well.

Depuis que j’ai eu mon ordinateur portable, l’année dernière, je me sers de ma souris optique mais sans tapis de souris. Au début, ça ne me dérangeait pas trop mais après un certain temps, je me suis rendue compte qu’il me fallait quelque chose pour mieux me servir de ma souris. Au lieu d’aller dans un magasin pour m’acheter un tapis de souris ennuyant, j’ai décidé de faire m’en faire un. Un tutoriel bien simple attendait dans mes favoris et j’avais déjà toutes les fournitures. En fait, j’ai une boite de carton remplie d’échantillons de tissus qui m’a été donnée plus tôt cette année. Et ma mousse de bricolage est autocollante alors c’était vraiment facile de coller les deux morceaux ensemble. Je n’ai pas de colle en aérosol comme il est suggéré dans le tutoriel mais j’ai du Mod Podge qui a fonctionné à la perfection. La prochaine fois, par contre, j’essaierai d’assortir la couleur de la mousse au tissu ou je couvrirai les côtés avec du tissu aussi.

Standard