art, project

Weekend update

In case any of you were wondering, I didn’t post on Friday because I had a long day of cleaning at work and an evening of dancing which didn’t leave much time for in depth creating and blogging. In fact, my daily art was a quick sketch on a previously painted journal page. When I looked at the page, I immediately saw the elephant shape and the lady bust so I decided to sketch Marie-Elephantoinette! See what I did there?!?

img_4707

I will paint her at a later date. And over the weekend, I kept things simple again with some doodling on the painted branch for Saturday and a mandala on Sunday.

Finally, today, I altered my third and last clipboard. Once again, I only used acrylic paints (Americana and Distress) and stencils (Penny Black, The Crafter’s Workshop, and unknown for the fairies). And I decided that fairies were a great addition to go with the butterflies and birds.

img_4710

I’ll show you when all three clipboards will be on the wall.

Thanks for visiting!

Standard
art, fabric, project

Dog toy

Since I already had my polyfill out, today I decided to try a no-sew toy for one of my mom’s dog. I used a piece of fleece found at a second-hand store and a “squeaky” plastic thing I found in my stash (from all the sewing stuff my godmother gave me years ago.)

I had to do a bit of sewing because my knots didn’t cover the inner curve at the top but other than that, it’s all knots. The dog loved it so much he already started breaking it! Oh no! That’s okay, I learned my lesson and will try another design for him.

img_4632

I also continued doodling on the painted branch:

img_4634

I guess I was in a zigzag mood today!

Thanks for visiting.

Standard